Folbot

Folbot wooden kit from the 70s

List Folbots and related gear you want to buy sell or trade. Best to respond to listings by email. Listers, please let us know when your item sells or pull your listing by using delete.

Folbot wooden kit from the 70s

Postby CharlieJ » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:32 pm

I have a kit I bought from Folbot back in the 70s, for a plywood kayak. The kit consists of all the wooden internal pieces, screws, hardware and even the original can of waterproof powdered glue. Original plans. Kit is in the original box from Folbot. The packing tape on the carton is a tad the worse for wear but otherwise intact.

You would need to purchase some plywood to compete the kit.

I'll sell to best offer plus shipping. Might be the only one in existence :P Definitely a historical Folbot item.

Charlie@southtexassailboats.com
CharlieJ

Re: Folbot wooden kit from the 70s

Postby Ken Hartlein » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:17 pm

Actually there are a few around yet. I think you are talking about a "cayat" or "cayak", I can't remember the name but there is a thread on this forum about them. Look under the forum "pre 90's folbots at the bottom of the forum home page.
Ken and Charlotte
"Fred and Wilma"

Yukon Jack, Citibot BeeBe, GII Hazel, Sporty (project boat), Stearns K116, Native Ultimate 12
Ken Hartlein

Postby jkorb » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:18 am

CharlieJ wrote:I have a kit I bought from Folbot back in the 70s, for a plywood kayak. The kit consists of all the wooden internal pieces, screws, hardware and even the original can of waterproof powdered glue. Original plans. Kit is in the original box from Folbot. The packing tape on the carton is a tad the worse for wear but otherwise intact.

You would need to purchase some plywood to compete the kit.

I'll sell to best offer plus shipping. Might be the only one in existence :P Definitely a historical Folbot item.

Charlie@southtexassailboats.com

Charlie, I'd like to see a picture of your Kit. I've built a Sporty, a Super and also own a Glider. I have the frames and plans for a Cayat in the shop and would like to build two at the same time. I live in Giddings, Texas so i could come by.

johnkorb@verizon.net
jkorb

Postby Ken Hartlein » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:15 pm

John, I was in Giddings not too long ago chasing a pipeline through there. Small world.
Ken and Charlotte
"Fred and Wilma"

Yukon Jack, Citibot BeeBe, GII Hazel, Sporty (project boat), Stearns K116, Native Ultimate 12
Ken Hartlein

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade (Folbot Only Please) Reply by E-Mail !